|Subject: DART Coronavirus Update|
Date Posted: 10/1/2020 11:12:47 AM
DART Coronavirus Update
Dallas Area Rapid Transit (DART) has aggressively expanded agency-wide cleaning and safety protocols in response to the novel coronavirus (COVID-19). DART remains committed to doing everything possible to keep our patrons and employees safe.
- DART Riders Required to Wear Face Coverings Starting Friday, July 3, 2020
Face coverings over both the mouth and nose will be required when riding DART buses, trains and paratransit vehicles, Trinity Railway Express trains, at DART stations, on platforms, in buildings and on board the Dallas Streetcar.
- Based on recommendations from the CDC, DART encourages you to buy your transit pass with the GoPass app instead of at a ticket vending machine to avoid contact with surfaces others may have touched.
Please follow these tips from the Center for Disease Control and Prevention:
DART encourages passengers who feel sick or are experiencing symptoms to stay home and avoid public places.
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth
- Cover your cough or sneeze with a tissue, then throw the tissue in the trash
- Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds, especially after going to the bathroom; before eating; and after blowing your nose, coughing, or sneezing
- If soap and water are not readily available, use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer with at least 60% alcohol
As a passenger, if you see an unhygienic surface that needs attention, please contact DART Customer Service at (214) 979-1111, or you can use the "DART Say Something" app, which can be downloaded from the Apple Store or Google Play.
Click here to return to the current Featured Rider Alerts page.
Click here to return to the Rider Alerts page.
Click here to return to the Main Menu.